Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kevlaar breaks down the new EP

At Wu-International.com, Kevlaar 7 stopped by to discuss the new record. He actually breaks down the genesis and meaning of each track AND shares the lyrics to each one, it's definitely worth checking out.

Here's a sample, explaining the use of outside producers on the album:

“Being a producer myself, and also trying to make a name as an Executive producer as well, I decided to use a team of producers from all over the world on “Who got the camera?”. I thought it was important because of the concept of a highly politicized, militant, and revolutionary album, and these problems are not confined to the United States. There are revolutions and conflicts going on all over the world, so I thought it was appropriate. The challenge that I DID have was making sure that all of the joints came together well over the course of the album, and I pulled it off. As far as the producer I got Zakat from Santa Cruz, California; Bronze Nazareth from Gun rule/Detroit, Mi; Colonna from Paris, France; Central Intelligence from Albuquerque, New Mexico; Woodenchainz from La Porte, Indiana; Paragone and BP from Brooklyn, New York; Endemic from Nottingham, UK; and Lastchild Musik from Providence, Rhode Island…also Iron Braydz who blessed “Black Heroin”, is from London…”

No comments:

Post a Comment